Worker exposure to potential safety hazards (e.g. electrical and other energy sources, fire, vehicles, and fall hazards) are to be controlled through proper design, engineering and administrative controls, preventative and safe work procedures (including lockout/tag out), and ongoing safety training.
Where hazards cannot be adequately controlled by these means, workers are to be provided with appropriate, well-maintained, personal protective equipment and educational materials about risks to them associated with these hazards. Workers shall be encouraged to raise safety concerns.
- Provide appropriate, well-maintained PPE
- Control safety hazards through Admin controls
- Preventive maintenance
- Provide educational materials with associated hazard risk
- Safe work procedure, i.e. lockout / tag out (LOTO), hot work permit
- Encourage to raise safety concerns