Power Management is the system which manages transitions between standby, sleep and high power modes by effectively delivering optimal electrical power to the various components in a system resulting in longer standby power and generally, the efficient use of available energy.
- Power management devices are important for portable products that rely on battery power – networking and computing, wireless, automotive and motor control applications
- By reducing power to components that aren’t being used, a good power management system can extend the lifetime of a battery.
Carsem offers various solutions for Power Management.
Cu Clip Thermal & RDSon Solutions
- Improved MOSFET performance with lower RDSon
- Enhanced thermal performance
- Cost effectiveness to replace 20~30 heavy Au wires
- Cu Clip products are used where power & thermal efficiency is critical
- Commercial & Industrial applications
- Motherboards, LED TV, laptop, small electric vehicles
- Electronics in Server, Automation, Photo Voltaic etc.
- Multiple Cu Clip MOSFETs capability
- Exposed Cu Clip option
- High thermal conductive adhesives
- One-stop from design to HVM (high volume manufacturing)
- Full turnkey solutions for assembly & test
Flip Chip Solutions
Carsem’s FCOLTM (Flip Chip On Leadframe) comes with a flipped bump-die with pad pitches as small as 200 microns onto a lead frame.
- Reduced form factors
- Improves electrical performance
- Improved thermal conductivity
- Allows maximum use of silicon space
- FCOL™ is available in MLP, SOT23, SC70, QSOP and narrow body SOICs.
- Ideal for RF & power management devices
- 60% improvement in self-inductance and capacitance versus awire bonded version.
- 15% lower thermal resistance.
- Reduced resistance from typical 19 m-ohm to 0.6 m-ohm
- MSL Level 1.
- Withstands 260°C solder shock test.
- Complete Assembly & Test Solution including RF testing, tape and reel plus drop ship.
- Improve heat dissipation through expose die back structure
- Direct flip FET process (without pre-formed solder bumps)