This position is responsible for conducting research and development work on new packages, materials, processes, methods and equipment to enhance manufacturing capability. The key contact point between factory and customer NPI development teams. Ensuring the Company provides the best and lowest cost products for customers, RFQ cycle time is kept to 2 days, and customer program health is tracked via the traffic light method to ensure enough attention is paid to overcoming technical barriers while meeting program time to market
1. Lead/coordinate and plan new package development activities.
2. Prepare monthly program status updates for management review
3. Conduct technical and economical feasibility studies prior to the introduction of new projects.
4. Effectively interface with other relevant sections, products and support groups to achieve the target set by the superior.
5. Keep track of market new development trends as well as requirements.
6. Liaise with suppliers/vendors on material and equipment to meet development requirements.
7. Provide technical support and manufacturing know-how to product groups.
8. Communicate effectively with product groups on resolving technical problems and/or breakthroughs in process capability.
9. Train and provide guidance to subordinates.
10. Any other duties assigned by immediate superior.